Thursday, August 15, 2013

Blasts from the Past- #1

Lately, I've come across some old artifacts from my past that may need to see the light of day.  Some of you may actually get a laugh or two out of them, so maybe they should've gone on my Humor page instead. 

Anyway.. here's a few pics and stories to go along with them.. try not to use any of this against me.  I can take a jab or two, but don't let it get out of hand.  Thanks!

    My dear friend Jonathan shared several years in Florida with me during my college days.  And I remember him for his humor and wit, his motorcycle, delivering my mail every day, and for his photography.  This is one of the pictures that he took of me.

  It found its way onto a message board note to a friend.  She found it when she was cleaning out her house in an old box of college memorabilia.   She was sweet enough to contact me and ask me if I wanted to reminisce a bit.  Well.. I'm always up for a good laugh!    I added the psychedelic background just for effect.  After all, it was the 70's!

  BABYFACE:  I don't really miss the haircut too much.. (although it was kind-of a BEATLES cut) but I do enjoy the youthful look.  I'm still attempting to salvage some of that youthfulness today.. but it gets harder and harder each year.  I do remember when I went back to college in my 40's that one of the teachers thought I was a 21-year-old student.  I can't pull that off anymore.  But someone recently told me they thought I was in my late 30's or early 40's!

  *Note:  Sorry for the line across my eyes.. this was NOT a wrinkle.. it's the product of wear and tear from a bended photo being in a box for quite a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment